Matern Staffing is hiring a 3rd Shift Maintenance Technician (job id 1898) at a food packaging manufacturing plant in Sandston, VA.
When important equipment needs installation or stops working the 3rd Shift Maintenance Technician becomes the hero! As a Maintenance Technician you’ll use your experience and knowledge of mechanical workings to detect, troubleshoot, install, and fix equipment. This is a contract-to-hire position for 3rd shift with training on first shift.
The Maintenance Technician will work three 12-hour days and every other weekend.
- 7pm-7am, 3 days per week and every other weekend
- Work overtime, weekends, holidays as required
What You’ll Do as a 3rd Shift Maintenance Technician:
- Performs mechanical, hydraulic, etc. troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines and building maintenance
- Reads and interprets equipment drawings & schematics, and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Conducts machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance program
- Provides emergency and unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service
- Operate hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment
- Safely operates and repairs forklift
What You’ll Need:
- Strong experience in a manufacturing/production environment
- Electrical training/experience with 480 3 phases/machine controls
- Familiarity with manufacturing methods, process improvement programs and procedures
- Strong computer and math skills
- Forklift operating experience
- Familiarity with all OSHA and GMP standards & requirements
- Experience with VFD Drives and PLCs a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous work experience in mechanical, electrical and/or experience in blown film industries strongly preferred
- Ability to pass background and drug screen
About our Client:
Since 2012 our client has developed innovative packaging products for the foodservice, delivery and carryout, food processor and industrial markets that touch nearly every aspect of daily life in multiple industries. They operate in over 50 locations across North America and Europe.
About Matern Staffing:
For over 55 years Matern Staffing has built relationships with businesses and job seekers to provide staffing solutions and job opportunities to the areas of Virginia, Maryland, and beyond. We believe that when employees and business partners succeed, families and communities thrive.
Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.