Are you looking for a new job, but new to working for an employment agency? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions below:
What is the cost of Matern Staffing’s services to job seekers?
There is no cost to job seekers.
How and when do I get paid?
Employees receive weekly pay on Thursday for hours worked the previous Monday-Sunday work week. For example: if you begin work on Wednesday, January 10, you receive your first paycheck on Thursday, January 18. We offer direct deposit to your banking account or pay card.
What is the process for finding employment with Matern Staffing?
If you’re interested in employment, but do not see a current job posting that matches your skills and experiences:
- Schedule an interview
- Fill out an online application and submit your resume
- We’ll help place you with a company that helps you achieve your career goals and meets your personal needs.
What are the advantages to working with Matern Staffing?
- We understand your career goals, family needs, passions, and skills to place you with the right company.
- We have over 50 years of staffing experience and long-standing relationships with several of the best companies in the area.
- Our service is no cost to job seekers.
- We live and work in the community and understand the workforce challenges in the Greater Fredericksburg area.
What type of positions do you typically hire?
We specialize in all aspects of the administrative, accounting/finance, paralegal, government contracting, supply chain, light industrial, information technology, and sales and marketing industries.
Our positions are contract-based, and we also provide direct hire and contract-to-hire placements.
What should I bring to my first interview with Matern Staffing?
Bring copies of your resume (or e-mail it in advance if possible), employment references with phone numbers, and two forms of identification (state issued photo id such as driver’s license or walker’s id, social security card or birth certificate) or passport. Dress professionally for your meeting and review the interview tips.
I haven’t updated my resume in a long time. Can you help?
Yes! Part of the complimentary services we offer is resume writing assistance. Contact us to get started!
I’ve been out of the workforce for 10 years while raising my children. How can you help me?
We understand the demands of raising a family. We’ll meet with you to understand your career goals and leverage what you’ve learned while being the CEO of your household and previous job experience into your next career. We also offer resume writing assistance and interview sharpening assistance. If you need a refresher course on technologies or skills, check the local workforce development resources.
I’m looking for work in the evenings or weekends. Can you accommodate my schedule?
Yes! Several of our clients run multiple shifts throughout the day. Search our jobs or call us to learn more about the openings we have during the times you need.
How can I check my pay stub history?
We offer electronic pay stub history for all employees with direct deposit.
- Effective January 1 2017, visit MyPay for all 2017 and beyond pay stub history. Follow the quick-start guide for access.
- For 2015/2016 pay stub history visit www.epaystubaccess.com. Click here for more details on how to access your pay stubs.
What type of benefits do you offer?
- Health Insurance Plan – MEC (Minimum Essential Coverage) covers employees for a weekly cost. Employees can optionally extend coverage to spouses, partners and children.
- Employee Referral Program