Frequently Asked Questions
Are you looking for a new job, but new to working for an employment agency? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions below.
What is the process for finding employment with Matern Staffing?
- Search our open jobs and complete the online application with resume submission.
- If you’re a match for the position after a quick phone screen, we’ll schedule an interview (in-person or virtual) with one of our Staffing Coordinators.
- Then, depending on the position and employer, you may need to tour the facility and/or complete additional screenings (on-site employer interview, skills assessment, background check, credit check, drug screen).
- Finally, if the employer decides to move forward with hiring, we’ll communicate wage, benefit, training, and start date information.
Employment is not guaranteed, but throughout the process we’ll work hard to place you with a company that meets your career goals and personal needs with 1:1 career coaching, resume writing assistance, interview coaching and more.
If we’re unable to place you in a position at the time, we’ll add you to our Availability Pipeline and ask you to check in weekly with your job seeking status.
What is the difference between contract-to-hire and direct hire?
Most of the job opportunities through Matern Staffing are contract-to-hire based. Contract-to-hire means employees will have a set length of time working with the employer while earning wages and benefits through Matern Staffing. After the contract period there’s a possibility of becoming a full-time, direct employee of the employer.
If the opportunity is direct hire based, the employer hires the employee directly on their payroll with salary and benefits.
What is the cost of Matern Staffing’s services to job seekers?
How and when do I get paid?
What are the advantages to working with Matern Staffing?
Our service is at no cost to job seekers.
Most of our opportunities are contract-to-hire based. Contract-to-hire means employees will have a set length of time working with the employer. It provides a chance for discovery and an opportunity to see if the employee and employer are a great fit for each other over a set period. Then, if the employee is the right fit, the employer hires the employee and brings them onto their team full-time.
Our personable team takes time to understand your career goals, family needs, passions, and skills in order to place you with the right company.
We have over 55 years of staffing experience and long-standing relationships with the area’s top companies.
We are a small business who lives and works in the communities we serve. Therefore, we understand the job search challenges specific to the area.
We care about helping and serving our communities. Therefore, we serve on local boards and volunteer our time to strengthen our connections with our communities.
What type of positions do you typically hire?
Our positions are contract-based, and we also provide direct hire and contract-to-hire placements.
What should I bring to my first interview with Matern Staffing?
I haven’t updated my resume in a long time. Can you help?
I’ve been out of the workforce for 10 years while raising my children. How can you help me?
I’m looking for work in the evenings or weekends. Can you accommodate my schedule?
How can I check my pay stub history?
- Effective January 1 2017, visit MyPay for all 2017 and beyond pay stub history. Follow the quick-start guide for access.
- For 2015/2016 pay stub history visit www.epaystubaccess.com. Click here for more details on how to access your pay stubs.
What type of benefits do you offer?
- Health Insurance Plan – We are excited to offer group healthcare for all employees. Employees are eligible to enroll in group healthcare insurance products for a weekly cost covering medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability and more. Employees can optionally extend coverage to spouses, partners and children. Contact us to learn more about the healthcare options we offer.
- Employee Referral Program
What if your current opportunities don't align with what I'm looking for?
If you’re interested in employment, but don’t see a current job posting that matches your skills and experience, it’d be beneficial to still talk with us. Our opportunities change daily, so we recommend:
- Schedule an interview
- Complete the online application with resume submission
- Then, we’ll add you to our Availability Pipeline. Please check in weekly to let us know your job seeking status.
It’s been a while since I’ve worked with Matern Staffing. How do I let you know I’m actively looking for a job again?
Call us at 540-604-5000 and let us know. We’ll update your account and add you to our availability pipeline.
What locations do you serve?
We connect job seekers across Virginia, Maryland, and beyond. Some of the locations we specialize in providing jobs include Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania, Stafford, King George, Caroline, Ashland, Charlottesville, Culpeper, Orange, Manassas, Front Royal, Waldorf and North East (MD).
Which industries do you hire for?
Every year we employ more than 900 employees at over 50 companies across the industries of Accounting & Finance, Administrative, Sales & Marketing, Government, Information Technology, Paralegal, and Supply Chain & Light Industrial