Are you looking for a job, but new to working for an employment agency? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions below:
What are the advantages to working with Matern Staffing?
- We understand your career goals, family needs, passions, and skills to place you with the right company.
- We have nearly 50 years of staffing experience and long-standing relationships with several of the best companies in the area.
- Our service is no cost to job seekers.
- We live and work in the community and understand the workforce challenges in the Greater Fredericksburg area.
What is the cost of Matern Staffing’s services to job seekers?
There is no cost to job seekers.
What is the process for finding employment with Matern Staffing?
If you’re interested in employment, but do not see a current job posting that matches your skills and experiences:
- Schedule a time to come in to our office for an interview.
- Fill out an online application and submit your resume.
- We’ll help place you with a company that helps you achieve your career goals and meets your personal needs.
- We’ll discuss any further screenings or skills testings during the initial interview.
What type of positions do you typically hire?
We specialize in hiring for clerical, manufacturing, medical, government, and IT industries on a temporary, temp-to-perm, or full-time basis. Some of the specific areas we focus on include Accounting, Bookkeeping, Clerical, Data Entry, Customer Service, Warehouse, General Labor, Construction, Drivers, Forklift Driver, Machine Operator, Concrete Labor, Insurance.
What should I bring to my first appointment with Matern Staffing?
Bring copies of your resume (or e-mail it in advance if possible), employment references with phone numbers, and two forms of identification (state issued photo id such as driver’s license or walker’s id, social security card or birth certificate) or passport. Dress professionally for your meeting and check out our interview tips.
How and when do I get paid?
Employees receive weekly pay on Friday for hours worked the previous Monday-Sunday work week. For example: if you begin work on Wednesday, January 10, you receive your first paycheck on Friday, January 19.
What if I can’t come into the office to pick up my paycheck?
We offer weekly direct deposit to your checking or savings account or can mail your check to you. Just let us know your preference when your employment starts.
How can I check my pay stub history?
We offer electronic pay stub history for all employees with direct deposit.
- Effective January 1 2017, visit MyPay for all 2017 and beyond pay stub history. Follow the quick-start guide for access.
- For 2015/2016 pay stub history visit www.epaystubaccess.com. Click here for more details on how to access your pay stubs.
What type of benefits do you offer?
Matern Staffing offers a MEC (Minimum Essential Coverage) health insurance plan to employees for a weekly cost of only $11.75 for individual coverage. Employees can optionally extend coverage to spouses, partners and children. By taking advantage of this coverage, employees avoid potential IRS-imposed fees for not having government-approved health coverage. Talk with us today to learn more about this coverage.