Matern Staffing is hiring a Machine Operator for a printing company located in the Greater Fredericksburg area. This is a contract-to-hire position with overtime potential.
As a Machine Operator, you’re an analyzer, measurer and creator. The Machine Operator runs the important cutter and bindery machines that measure, cut, and bind the printed products so the customers can reach their target audiences.
If you’re ready for a hands-on career with a company that offers a casual and professional culture with growth opportunity, we’re looking for you!
- 8am-4pm Monday thru Friday
What You’ll Do:
- Preps and adjusts bindery machine and supplies according to work order specs
- Reviews customer files to ensure correct production quality and accuracy
- Follows measurement guidelines for placing printed products in machine
- Stacks finished products in preparation for next step in production
- Verifies final products meet order specs, quality standards, and measurement requirements
- Maintains logs and records of units produced including a record of errors resulting in rejected or discarded pieces
What You’ll Need
- Ability to read and understand work orders
- Familiarity with cutting or bindery machines preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with great follow-through to ensure accuracy, comprehensiveness, and safety
- Ability to collaborate with teammates, always ready to step in to help
- Enjoys learning how things work and has a curiosity for brainstorming process improvements and finding/implementing solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
About our client:
For over 35 years, our client has helped customers find a cost-effective way to market and promote their business with custom printed products that speak to their customers and clients.
About Matern Staffing:
For over 55 years Matern Staffing has built relationships with businesses and job seekers to provide staffing solutions and job opportunities to the areas of Virginia, Maryland, and beyond. We believe that when employees and business partners succeed, families and communities thrive.
Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.com.