Matern Staffing is hiring a Dispatcher (job id 1744) at a local utility company in Fredericksburg, Va.
The Dispatcher will be the first line of communication customers interact with then they need help. The Dispatcher will quickly take action to communicate messages and calls to the field. Some days may be challenging, but knowing you’re someone the customer trusts to help them with their questions and concerns makes all the difference.
This is a contract-to-hire position, Monday thru Friday 8am-5pm.
- $24-$25 per hour
What You’ll Do:
- Provides a positive customer experience when fielding and troubleshooting incoming calls regarding electrical problems
- Dispatches appropriate utility personnel to customers’ location
- Records information into the computer regarding hourly power information, locations, trouble calls and other power-related data
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
What You’ll Need:
- High school diploma/GED required
- Friendly & positive personality for interacting with internal and external customers
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes occasional evenings, weekends and holidays
- Strong knowledge of the roadways throughout the immediate area
- Active listener who collaborates effectively with teammates, calmly adapts to new situations, always ready to step in to help
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
About our client:
Our client is a member-owned utility that provides electric service to nearly 170,000 connections for member-owners from the Blue Ridge Mountains to the tidal waters of the Chesapeake Bay. Their goal every day is to provide affordable and reliable electric service to our neighbors.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.