A Welder analyzes, plans, bonds, and creates. Whether you’re an experienced Welder or recently completed training, we are looking for you! You’ll fabricate concrete construction materials and panels.
Matern Staffing is hiring a Welder at a concrete manufacturer in Fredericksburg, Va. This position is contract-to-hire with 1st shift hours 5am-1:30pm Monday thru Friday.
What You’ll Do as a Welder:
- Assists with the layout, fitting, and welding of fabricated metal components
- Assists with the setup and welds frames of concrete panels
- Under direction, repairs and reworks non-conformances
- Uses stick welding for bonding joints
- Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded
What You’ll Need as a Welder:
- Mechanical knowledge and curiosity for learning how things work and finding/implementing solutions
- Previous welding experience, Vocational Certification Training or Welding Certification
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs
- Must be able to work from blueprints, sketches and verbal instructions
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Positive self-starter with a proactive approach, excellent time management, and prioritization skills
About our client:
Our client’s mission is to help customers improve mobility, safety, security and quality of life in our communities by promptly delivering high-quality, cost-effective precast concrete products through the collective efforts of a dedicated workforce.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.