Matern Staffing is hiring an Assistant Production Supervisor (job id 2130, 2131) at a global food manufacturer in Stafford, Va. The Assistant Production Supervisor schedules job assignments and tracks daily production output while monitoring and adjusting workflow as needed.
As an Assistant Production Supervisor, you help lead the operations and activities of the shift to keep the plant on schedule. You’ll use your critical thinking skills to suggest process improvements and leadership to coach employees to meet plant goals and make the customers happy.
There are openings for first and second shifts.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinates and schedules all production activities for the respective department(s)
- Plans weekly work schedules and direct crew assignments
- Manages production process for WIP and products
- Monitors tasks related to picking and passing products
- Creates daily production reports including loss of ingredients, WIP, and damaged products
- Handles customer complaints
- Assists with long-term planning to meet safety standards, gain optimum productivity, and meet customer demands
What You’ll Need:
- Prior experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Strong technical, manufacturing, and managerial skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills for collaborating with staff and managers
- Proactively approaches tasks with focus and determination, and reliability
- Calmly and efficiently adapts, sees the potential for opportunity when challenges present themselves
- Basic computer understanding and experience using MS Office programs and e-mail
About our Client:
For over 55 years, our client has been devoted to bringing happiness to the table by providing safe, comforting gourmet dishes. Through product development, production innovation, logistics perfection, high safety and quality standards, and customer satisfaction they produce ready-to-eat meals for convenience stores, including bento meal boxes, onigiri rice balls, and side dishes.
About Matern Staffing:
For over 55 years Matern Staffing has built relationships with businesses and job seekers to provide staffing solutions and job opportunities to the areas of Virginia, Maryland, and beyond. We believe that when employees and business partners succeed, families and communities thrive.
Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.