Food – it’s what fuels our bodies and delights our minds! As a Food Production Crew Lead you play an important role in leading the quality and efficient preparation of fresh, frozen and packaged food creations.
Matern Staffing is hiring a Food Production Crew Lead for a food manufacturer in Fredericksburg, Va. You’ll use your production experience and leadership skills to oversee employees in the efficient, safe, and quality preparation of foods.
This is a contract-to-hire position with excellent safety and productivity bonus incentives.
Salary & Schedule
- starting at $19.25/hr with rotating work schedules
What You’ll Do as a Production Crew Lead:
- Train and lead employees across shifts about proper food handling and cleanliness guidelines
- Meet operational goals by ensuring safe, timely and efficient transport of raw materials and packaging
- Follows planned work schedules and assignments to meet production goals
- Ensure the streamlined movement of finished products from the production floor to the order selection area and/or freezers
- Verify tools and machines work correctly
- Enforce compliance with food safety and manufacturing practices
What You’ll Need:
- Familiarity with USDA safety certifications
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Strong math skills and ability to speak/write English
- Material handling experience with ability to lift 50 pounds to chest height on a consistent basis
- Positive self-starter who calmly and effectively adapts to situations
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills, with a track record of proactive problem resolution
- Ability to withstand a cold work environment
- Stand, bend, push and pull for 10-hour shift
About our client:
Founded in 2009, our client is one of the youngest and fastest growing companies in the food industry. They are the industry’s largest contract manufacturer and the largest private bakery in the US.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.