Matern Staffing is hiring a Food Production Crew Lead for a fresh food manufacturer expanding in the Stafford, Va area. You’ll use your food industry experience and leadership skills to oversee employees in the efficient, safe, and quality preparation of foods.
Food – it’s what fuels our bodies and delights our minds! As a Food Production Crew Lead you play an important role in leading the quality and efficient preparation of fresh, frozen and packaged food creations.
This is a contract-to-hire position with several openings in food preparation, kitchen area, assembly, and pizza production. First and Second Shift opportunities!
- starting at $18.25/hr
- 4am, 6:30am, or 3pm start time (5-day work week with 2 days off in a row)
- rotating schedules
What You’ll Do as a Production Crew Lead:
- Train and lead employees across shifts about proper food handling and cleanliness guidelines
- Meet operational goals by ensuring safe, timely and efficient transport of raw materials and packaging
- Follow planned work schedules and assignments to meet production goals
- Ensure the streamlined movement of finished products from the production floor to the order selection area and/or freezers
- Verify tools and machines work correctly
- Enforce compliance with food safety and manufacturing practices
What You’ll Need:
- Familiarity with USDA safety certifications
- Prior experience in food production or preparation required
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Strong math skills and ability to speak/write English
- Material handling experience with ability to lift 50 pounds to chest height on a consistent basis
- Positive self-starter who calmly and effectively adapts to situations
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills, with a track record of proactive problem resolution
- Ability to withstand a cold work environment
- Stand, bend, push and pull for 10-hour shift
About our client:
For over 55 years, our client has been devoted to bringing happiness to the table by providing safe, comforting gourmet dishes. Through product development, production innovation, logistics perfection, high safety and quality standards, and customer satisfaction they produce ready-to-eat meals for convenience stores, including bento meal boxes, onigiri rice balls, and side dishes.
About Matern Staffing:
For over 55 years Matern Staffing has built relationships with businesses and job seekers to provide staffing solutions and job opportunities to the areas of Virginia, Maryland, and beyond. We believe that when employees and business partners succeed, families and communities thrive.
Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.