Matern Staffing is hiring a Material Handler for a food manufacturer in Stafford, Va. You’re responsible for efficiently moving raw materials and finished goods between storage, production, and shipping.
Food – it’s what fuels our bodies and delights our minds! As a Material Handler, you’ll follow food safety and manufacturing practices to ensure the quality and efficient preparation of fresh, frozen and packaged food creations for shipping to local customers.
This is a contract-to-hire position. Potential to work 40+ hours/week with overtime!
Salary & Schedule:
- 4:30am to 1pm –> 17/hr
- 8am to 4:30pm –> $18.25/hr
What You’ll Do:
- Transport raw materials from dry and cold storage areas to prep and production areas according to scheduled needs
- Move finished products from production line to holding areas for shipping
- Use the electric pallet jack and other tools to transport materials and products
- Follow important food safety and manufacturing practices
What You’ll Need:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Basic math skills and ability to speak/write English
- Experience using pallet jack
- Ability to withstand a cold work environment containing potential food allergens
- Stand, bend, push and pull for 10-hour shift
- Material handling experience is preferred
- Ability to lift 50 pounds to chest height on a consistent basis
About our Client:
For over 55 years, our client has been devoted to bringing happiness to the table by providing safe, comforting gourmet dishes. Through product development, production innovation, logistics perfection, high safety and quality standards, and customer satisfaction they produce ready-to-eat meals for convenience stores, including bento meal boxes, onigiri rice balls, and side dishes.
About Matern Staffing:
For over 55 years Matern Staffing has built relationships with businesses and job seekers to provide staffing solutions and job opportunities to the areas of Virginia, Maryland, and beyond. We believe that when employees and business partners succeed, families and communities thrive.
Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.