Matern Staffing is hiring a Maintenance Technician (job id 2043) at a food manufacturing facility in Stafford, Virginia.
As a Maintenance Technician you will preserve the state-of-the-art condition and functionality of food manufacturing equipment and HVAC equipment on site. You will perform preventative maintenance inclusive of carpentry, mechanical, electrical and controls troubleshooting & repair on production and utility equipment. The ideal candidate will have great troubleshooting skills and be able to work autonomously and efficiently so as to optimize uptime and safety.
This is a physically demanding position requiring working in hot to cold environments and standing for long periods of time (sometimes from elevated areas). There will be an on-call rotation with other department team members.
- Paid Vacation (5 days after six months of employment, 10 days from 1-4 years of employment, 15 days after 5 years of employment)
- Sick Leave and Holiday Pay
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance
- Health savings account
- 401(k) with 10% employer matching (after one year of employment)
What You’ll Do:
- Completes repairs, modifications, and preventative maintenance for food processing equipment, packaging, conveyors, slicers, boilers, compressors, HVAC and glycol systems for docks, production floors, freezers and coolers
- Adheres to OSHA regulations, food safety policies, work practices, LOTO in all work assignments
- Monitors electrical systems, fire alarm and fire suppression systems
- Responds to emergency maintenance calls for all areas in facility
- Troubleshoots equipment and systems to determine repair and replacement requirements. on equipment and systems such as air handlers, cooling towers, compressors, electrical switchgear, MCC, electrical system components, pumps, lighting, and building automated control systems
- Tests boiler PH and conductivity
- Maintains integrity of OSHA, NFPA, NEC, and NETA (International Electrical Testing Association)·
What You’ll Need:
- High School Degree or GED (Required)
- 3-5 years experience in mechanical and electrical trades
- Previous experience in food manufacturing systems, hydraulics, PLC controls, conveyor systems and pneumatics (preferred)
- Working knowledge of HVAC and Refrigeration (Freezers/Coolers)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with SCADA system (Supervisory control and data acquisition)
- Ability to work in hot and cold climates
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, P&ID, and architectural drawings
- Ability to work weekends and off hours as required
- Excellent communication skills for relaying important machine and process information
- Good computer skills for using Microsoft software and maintenance management systems
About our Client:
For over 55 years, our client has been devoted to bringing happiness to the table by providing safe, comforting gourmet dishes. Through product development, production innovation, logistics perfection, high safety and quality standards, and customer satisfaction they produce ready-to-eat meals for convenience stores, including bento meal boxes, onigiri rice balls, and side dishes.
About Matern Staffing:
For over 55 years Matern Staffing has built relationships with businesses and job seekers to provide staffing solutions and job opportunities to the areas of Virginia, Maryland, and beyond. We believe that when employees and business partners succeed, families and communities thrive.
Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
Matern Staffing Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.