Matern Staffing is hiring a Maintenance Lead (job id 2106) at a food manufacturing facility in Stafford, Virginia.
As a Maintenance Lead you will preserve the state-of-the-art condition and functionality of food manufacturing equipment and HVAC equipment on site. We are seeking a skilled and motivated Maintenance Lead to join our team. In this role, you will play a crucial part in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the plant equipment, working directly with maintenance technicians and helpers.
This is a physically demanding position requiring working in hot to cold environments and standing for long periods of time (sometimes from elevated areas). There will be an on-call rotation with other department team members.
What You’ll Do:
- Completes repairs, modifications, and preventative maintenance for food processing equipment, packaging, conveyors, slicers, boilers, compressors, HVAC and glycol systems for docks, production floors, freezers and coolers
- Serves as a liaison between technicians and helpers, supporting the supervisor in day-to-day activities
- Adheres to OSHA regulations, food safety policies, work practices, LOTO in all work assignments
- Monitors electrical systems, fire alarm and fire suppression systems
- Responds to emergency maintenance calls for all areas in facility
- Troubleshoots equipment and systems to determine repair and replacement requirements. on equipment and systems such as air handlers, cooling towers, compressors, electrical switchgear, MCC, electrical system components, pumps, lighting, and building automated control systems
- Tests boiler PH and conductivity
- Maintains integrity of OSHA, NFPA, NEC, and NETA (International Electrical Testing Association)
- Actively participate in continuous education and training
What You’ll Need:
- High School Degree or GED (Required)
- 3-5 years’ experience in mechanical and electrical trades
- 2 years of automation controls experience
- 1 year experience in HVAC
- Previous experience in food manufacturing systems, hydraulics, PLC controls, conveyor systems and pneumatics
- Working knowledge of HVAC and Refrigeration (Freezers/Coolers)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with SCADA system (Supervisory control and data acquisition)
- Ability to work in hot and cold climates
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, P&ID, and architectural drawings
- Ability to work weekends and off hours as required
- Excellent communication skills for relaying important machine and process information
- Good computer skills for using Microsoft software and maintenance management systems
About our client:
For over 55 years, our client has been devoted to bringing happiness to the table by providing safe, comforting gourmet dishes. Through product development, production innovation, logistics perfection, high safety and quality standards, and customer satisfaction they produce ready-to-eat meals for convenience stores, including bento meal boxes, onigiri rice balls, and side dishes.
About Matern Staffing:
For over 55 years Matern Staffing has built relationships with businesses and job seekers to provide staffing solutions and job opportunities to the areas of Virginia, Maryland, and beyond. We believe that when employees and business partners succeed, families and communities thrive.
Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.