We are hiring a General Laborer (job id #2254) at a leading concrete manufacturer and supplier in Milford, Va. The General Laborer will be responsible for supporting the gravel operations in the covered and uncovered areas. Training will be on first shift starting at 9am, and the position will transition to second shift from 6am-6pm.
As a General Laborer you keep materials moving so the supply chain industry keeps moving. You work efficiently and safely to keep up with demand so the products can be distributed.
This is an entry-level position with high-growth opportunity for permanent hire and advancement. Watch our video below to hear more about how Brandon’s similar job led to a new career and growth with our client.
Salary & Schedule:
- 6pm-6am, Monday thru Saturday
- Training will occur on first shift
What You’ll Do as General Laborer:
- Work the gravel line bagging and stacking concrete and gravel
- Stack bags on pallets for forklift operator to move pallets to staging yard
- Work inside (outside as needed)
- Clean up gravel bags
What You’ll Need as General Laborer:
- Strong attention to detail with great follow-through to ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness
- Positive self-starter with a proactive, team-oriented approach
- Enjoys learning how things work and has a curiosity for brainstorming process improvements and finding/implementing solutions
- Ability to pass a drug screening
- Strong work ethic as punctual attendance is a must!
About Our Client:
Our client is the recognized leader in concrete masonry technology and design. Since 1946 they have maintained the confidence of builders, architects and consumers for their innovative technology, high quality architectural building products, with superior product knowledge, committed customer service, and on-time deliveries. Our client supplies a wide range of architectural masonry, brick and concrete products including masonry units, brick veneer and concrete blocks.
About Matern Staffing:
For over 55 years Matern Staffing has built relationships with businesses and job seekers to provide staffing solutions and job opportunities to the areas of Virginia, Maryland, and beyond. We believe that when employees and business partners succeed, families and communities thrive.
Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.