Matern Staffing is recruiting a Supply Chain Planner (job id #1791) to deliver efficient, effective scheduling for targeted production needs of an automated systems manufacturer for the plastics industry. As a Supply Chain Planner, you will report to the Director of Operations and work closely with all functions across the business to exchange information regarding inventories, schedules, and any supply chain related issues.
Your excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking skills will help you build strong relationships with teams and suppliers to optimize production schedules, minimize costs, and ultimately make customers happy.
- $60,000-$80,000 per year
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to forecast, plan and facilitate on-time material delivery to production to minimize disruption to production schedules
- Proactively track purchase orders ensuring on-time delivery and advanced pre-requirements are met
- Proactively Work with Sales & Engineering to plan for changes and decisions to minimize incurring additional costs
- Identify risks to supply continuity and proactively plan to minimize impact to production
- Communicate and act quickly with impacted stakeholders when shortages arise
- Build working relationships with the production, warehouse, procurement teams, and suppliers to ensure production schedules are prioritized by need, resources and supplies available
- Manage the scheduling of priority conflicts with Procurement and suppliers
- Implement all processes to agreed standards and targets and support continuous improvement initiatives and identify areas of improvement
- Partner with Procurement to maintain supplier relationship and ensure timely material demand
- Resolve supplier concerns and evaluate supplier performance in conjunction with procurement team
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of procurement, production or materials planning and/or scheduling in a manufacturing environment
- Strong SAP knowledge / background with the ability to train and execute effectively
- Positive self-starter with a proactive approach, excellent time management, and prioritization skills
- Strong attention to detail with great follow-through to ensure accuracy and execution
- Active listening skills, able to collaborate effectively with teammates and stakeholders to anticipate roadblocks, resolve issues, and implement solutions
- Calmly and efficiently adapts, sees the potential for opportunity when challenges present themselves
- Good computer skills with the ability to use Excel at an intermediate level
About our client:
For over 65 years, our client has been a global leader in the design and manufacture of automation systems and engineering solutions for the plastics industry.
Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.