Matern Staffing is hiring a Project Coordinator (job id #1821) for a specialty construction company at their Fredericksburg, VA location. The Project Coordinator coordinates and organizes activities surrounding the construction project while generating cost savings related to assigned projects.
It is challenging to coordinate materials and schedules but completing a project and seeing the client’s smiles makes it all worth it. As a Project Coordinator you’ll be the person the client trusts to see their construction dreams become a reality.
What You’ll Do:
- Monitor each construction project from order entry to completion
- Collaborate with clients to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives and revisit these as projects evolve
- Partner with vendors and internal teams to organize and support critical aspects to meet customer delivery dates and eliminate blockers
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information such as material orders and labor schedules
- Break projects into doable actions, monitor progress, anticipate roadblocks, set timeframes, and communicate to all stakeholders
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
- Help prepare budgets, contracts, terms of agreement
- Oversee project procurement management
What You’ll Need:
- Prior experience in project management, from conception to delivery
- Ability to break down complex projects into smaller, more manageable tasks
- Active listener who collaborates effectively with teammates, always ready to step in to help
- Enjoys learning how things work and has a curiosity for brainstorming process improvements and finding/implementing solutions
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills for effectively working with vendors, clients, and teammates
- Calmly and efficiently adapts, sees the potential for opportunity when challenges present themselves
- Approaches situations with excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and project management software
- Ability to read blueprints is a plus
About our client:
For over 35 years our client has provided speciality construction solutions for residential and commercial construction. They handle all aspects of interior hardware in multi-family residential and related projects. They provide solutions at every step of the process to ensure the details that are often the first things your owner’s representative notices are installed on-time, on-budget and to our exacting standards of quality.
About Matern Staffing:
For over 55 years Matern Staffing has built relationships with businesses and job seekers to provide staffing solutions and job opportunities to the areas of Virginia, Maryland, and beyond. We believe that when employees and business partners succeed, families and communities thrive.
Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
Matern Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.