Matern Staffing is hiring a Physical Therapist for a home health care agency in Fredericksburg, Va.
As the Physical Therapist, you’ll be part of a team delivering excellent care to patients in their home. You’ll provide initial and ongoing assessments while educating the patient and their family about the proper and necessary care as it relates to physical therapy.
- $60,000-$80,000 per year
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Cell Phone Allowance
- Mileage reimbursement
What You’ll Do:
- Provides skilled physical therapy care to patients, in their home, according to physician orders
- Assists in development, and implementation, of the interdisciplinary patient care plan, as it pertains to Physical Therapy
- Assists the physician in evaluating patients, by applying diagnostic and prognostic ability tests
- Teaches patients and their families about necessary care required and instructs on the use of wheelchairs, braces, crutches, canes and prosthetic, and orthotic devices
- Supervises patient care with PT assistants, paraprofessionals and home health aides as needed
- Records patient care notes included assessments, changes to care and communicates those to nursing staff and physicians
- Assists the agency with the initial admission process
- Participates with staff, patients, and physicians in discharge planning activities and completes a Physical Therapy Discharge Summary
What You’ll Need:
- Successful completion of a Physical Therapist education program approved by one of the following:
- The Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- Successor organizations of CAPTE
- An education program, outside the United States, determined to be substantially equivalent to physical therapist entry-level education in the United States, by a credential’s evaluation organization, approved by the American Physical Therapy Association or an organization identified in 8 CFR 212.15€ as it related to Physical Therapists; and
- Passed an examination for Physical Therapist, approved by the state of Virginia, in which physical therapy services are provided.
- Must be licensed, or registered, by the state of Virginia
- Must have, at least, one year of institutional/home health experience
- Current CPR certification
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
About our client:
Our client is looking for compassionate and dedicated medical staff to join their team of home health care professionals. This local Fredericksburg office services adult and geriatric clients throughout the area.
About Matern Staffing:
For over 55 years Matern Staffing has built relationships with businesses and job seekers to provide staffing solutions and job opportunities to the areas of Virginia, Maryland, and beyond. We believe that when employees and business partners succeed, families and communities thrive.
Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.