Matern Staffing is hiring a Materials Manager (job id 1648) for a cabinetry manufacturer in Culpeper, VA. As a Materials Manager you’ll use your inventory control experience and ability to quickly adapt to the constantly changing supply and demand of components to streamline the movement of materials and optimize warehouse processes. Along the way you’ll build process improvements for teams that craft beautifully finished goods for customers, which makes it all worthwhile!
This is a direct hire position with benefits listed below.
- 401(k) and company match – no waiting period!
- Health, dental, vision insurance available first of the month after hire
- Vacation Pay
- 10 paid holidays
- Company paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Product discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the Materials Planning team, responsible for planning and controlling the activities related to the flow of materials
- Set safety stock levels of inventory components and finished goods
- Determine components available and delivery schedules to support the build schedule
- Collaborate with suppliers to assure timely delivery, eliminate potential supply interruptions, and minimize inventory
- Reporting and resolving material support concerns daily
- Plan for the phase in and phase out of new products and engineering changes to minimize excess and obsolete inventory
- Implement continuous improvement processes that promote transparency, consistency, accountability, and real-time communication
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or previous experience managing materials and inventory
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills for communicating effectively with individuals across all levels of an organization
- Enjoys learning how things work and has a curiosity for brainstorming process improvements and finding/implementing solutions
- Proactively approaches situations with excellent time management and prioritization skills
About our Client:
Our client is America’s 2nd largest cabinetry manufacturer, with offices and manufacturing facilities across the country. Offering an unmatched selection of stylish, high-quality products at a variety of price levels, their brands are favored by builders, dealers, distributors and home centers throughout North America.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.