Matern Staffing is hiring an Industrial Maintenance Technician (Job ID # 1660) at a leading concrete manufacturer in Caroline County, Virginia. The Technician is responsible for maintaining and repairing mechanical equipment in the manufacturing plant. They will also provide technical support to production, maintenance, safety, testing, and process improvement.
As an Industrial Maintenance Technician you’ll use your curiosity and knowledge of mechanical workings to detect, troubleshoot, and fix equipment. You’ll also provide strategic recommendations to improve process efficiency and output.
What You’ll Do as an Industrial Maintenance Technician:
- Evaluates and recommends equipment improvements to improve availability, capability and yield
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment and systems
- Performs equipment failure analyses (including preventative and unscheduled maintenance)
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses difficult, infrequent problems with equipment
- Accurately records maintenance work performed and maintains related records and files
- Requisitions new or replacement parts, tools or equipment for the approval of the Plant Manager
What You’ll Need:
- Experience working on heavy equipment and machines
- Enjoys learning how things work and has a curiosity for brainstorming process improvements and finding/implementing solutions
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to read drawings and instructions
- Excellent communication skills for relaying important machine and process information
- Shift flexibility to work nights and/or days
About our Client:
Our client is the recognized leader in concrete masonry technology and design. Since 1946 they have maintained the confidence of builders, architects and consumers for their innovative technology, high quality architectural building products, with superior product knowledge, committed customer service, and on-time deliveries. Our client supplies a wide range of architectural masonry, brick and concrete products including masonry units, brick veneer and concrete blocks.
Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.