Local Social Services Agency
Matern Staffing is hiring a Human Services Aide (job id 2279) in Fredericksburg, VA to support the mission of a local social services agency. The Human Services Aide completes important administrative tasks to ensure protective services, foster care and adoption departments run efficiently and effectively.
As the Human Services Aide you keep things cool, calm and organized so the agencies and external stakeholders you support can focus on helping people triumph over hardships to promote healthier futures within our community. Sure, some days may be challenging, but knowing you are part of a team bettering our community makes all the difference!
Salary: $17 – $20
Schedule: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
What You’ll do:
- Inputs and processes data using software programs, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- Collaborates with various stakeholders, including supervisors, teammates, community partners, and state/federal agencies, to coordinate work, review progress, exchange information, and resolve issues
- Organizes meetings, screenings, and ensures client participation in services, as well as obtaining necessary records and documents
- Occasionally operates a motor vehicle to complete work activities
- Assists with monitoring visitation and documentation of visits
- Operates a variety of office equipment to complete administrative tasks
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma supplemented with related post-secondary coursework or work experience in subjects such as social
- Knowledge of social work principles and practices
- Superior computer skills with experience in MS Word and Excel and web-based applications
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy
- Strong attention to detail with great follow-through to ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including proofreading for grammar, punctuation and spelling when taking precise meeting minutes and reviewing correspondence
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Experience using office machines
About our Client:
Our client is a local government agency whose mission is to help people triumph over hardships to promote healthier futures within our community.
About Matern Staffing:
For over 55 years, Matern Staffing has built relationships with businesses and job seekers to provide staffing solutions and job opportunities to Virginia, Maryland, and beyond. We believe that when employees and business partners succeed, families and communities thrive.
Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.