Matern Staffing is hiring a college student for a Human Resources Internship at a public utility organization in Fredericksburg, VA. It offers a hybrid work position with part-time hours (20-29 per week).
In this Human Resources Internship, you’ll combine your excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to organize and research information as you support our client’s HR and workforce development department. You’ll gain valuable career experience while finishing your education.
- 1-2 days per week in Fredericksburg office (other hours are remote)
What You’ll Do in the Human Resources Internship:
- Conduct research on trends and best practices in workforce development
- Provide administrative support on human resources tasks and projects
- Work with a vendor to develop and implement a wellness program
- Print and file online applications/resumes for jobs
- Enhance current Internship Program with ideas and activities
What You’ll Need:
- Current undergraduate or graduate student studying business, human resources, or organizational development with good academic standing (3.0 GPA and above)
- Demonstrated communication (written and verbal) and creative skills (educational examples accepted)
- Positive self-starter with a proactive approach, excellent time management, and prioritization skills
- Active listener who collaborates effectively with teammates, always ready to step in to help
- Basic computer skills including experience with MS Office products
- Researching skills
About our Client:
Our client is a member-owned utility that provides electric service to nearly 170,000 connections for member-owners from the Blue Ridge Mountains to the tidal waters of the Chesapeake Bay. Their goal every day is to provide affordable and reliable electric service to our neighbors.
About Matern Staffing:
For over 55 years Matern Staffing has built relationships with businesses and job seekers to provide staffing solutions and job opportunities to the areas of Virginia, Maryland, and beyond. We believe that when employees and business partners succeed, families and communities thrive.
Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.Submit Your Resume