Matern Staffing is hiring a Human Resources Assistant (job id 2241) to support the HR department of a global food manufacturing facility in Stafford, VA. Employees are the foundation of our client’s company, therefore it’s vital the Human Resources Assistant develops trusting relationships with employees and supports their needs. The Human Resources Assistant will help with recruiting, scheduling, and training tasks.
As a Human Resources Assistant, you’ll ensure smooth communication and prompt resolution of requests and questions from employees. You’ll play a key part of ensuring employees’ success and will have room to grow their career.
- Monday thru Friday (8am-4:30pm)
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with all activities (marketing, scheduling, interviewing) related to recruiting and hiring
- Process employee documentation and prepare reports for staffing, recruitment, training, performance evaluations, etc
- Serve as a reliable source of information for employees, promptly answering questions regarding payroll and benefits
- Assist with payroll processing
- Promptly and professionally address employees’ concerns and questions
- Schedule and coordinate onboarding assignments and training sessions
- Maintain the departmental email account, responding to employee questions and complaints in a timely and professional manner
- Track employee attendance, PTO, and vacation leaves, sick leave and assist with documentation
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma
- 3-4 years of Human Resources experience is required
- Manufactory industry experience is a plus
- Superior computer skills with experience in MS Office software and the ability to pick up new software easily
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Must have experience in FMLA, HSA, 401K, health benefits, Cobra
- Basic knowledge of labor laws
- Must be bilingual (English & Spanish)
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy
About our Client:
For over 55 years, our client has been devoted to bringing happiness to the table by providing safe, comforting gourmet dishes. Through product development, production innovation, logistics perfection, high safety and quality standards, and customer satisfaction they produce ready-to-eat meals for convenience stores, including bento meal boxes, onigiri rice balls, and side dishes.
About Matern Staffing:
For over 55 years Matern Staffing has built relationships with businesses and job seekers to provide staffing solutions and job opportunities to the areas of Virginia, Maryland, and beyond. We believe that when employees and business partners succeed, families and communities thrive.
Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.