Matern Staffing is hiring a Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager (job id 1784) for a food manufacturer in Stafford, Va.
The Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager will lead safety and quality initiatives to reduce risk, improve productivity, and ensure customer satisfaction while ensuring regulation compliance. You’ll also effectively communicate, build trust with teammates and customers, and lead continuous improvement processes centered around producing high quality, safety-conscious foods.
This is a direct hire position in Stafford, VA. Candidate must have flexibility to train in Texas for the first few months
- Paid Vacation starting after six months of employment
- Sick Leave and Holiday Pay
- Medical & Dental (after 30 days of employment)
- Life Insurance
- Health savings account
- 401(k) with 10% employer matching (after one year of employment)
What You’ll Do as Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager:
- Lead and achieve SQF level 3 certification by May 2023
- Develop and implement a risk prevention and management plan that includes quality assessment and management, handling customer claims, managing recalls, educating employees, handling disasters/accidents, etc
- Manage tasks related to quality, labeling, and quality control throughout product development, production, food safety inspection, food hazard testing (e.g. allergens), shipping
- Develop and update quality assurance system manuals (GMAP, HACCEP, SSOP)
- Manage plant equipment and machine sanitation processes
- Ensure licensure and compliance with USDA, FDA, and local health department
- Prepare and implement quality assurance training and education plans around GMP
- Check the consistency of data of Food Hub
What You’ll Need as Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the food industry in a safety/QA role OR Bachelor of Science in Food Science (desirable), Biology, Food Engineering, Chemistry, Microbiology
- Demonstrated success in implementing lean principles in a food manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of government regulations and role of FDA, USDA, SQF, Food Code & Crisis Management
- Certification in HACCP, Seafood HACCP, Food Defense, PCQI, Sanitation and GMP
- Ability to effectively utilize quality system feedback and improvement processes to continually improve products, production, and distribution
- Exceptional verbal and written skills for communicating effectively with individuals across all levels of an organization and customers
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills, with a track record of proactive problem resolution
- Open to occasional travel
About our client:
For over 55 years, our client has been devoted to bringing happiness to the table by providing safe, comforting gourmet dishes. Through product development, production innovation, logistics perfection, high safety and quality standards, and customer satisfaction they produce ready-to-eat meals for convenience stores, including bento meal boxes, onigiri rice balls, and side dishes.
Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.