Matern Staffing is hiring Fabricators at a wall barrier engineering and manufacturing facility in Spotsylvania, VA. As a Fabricator you’re a crucial part of producing unique security solutions for the government, commercial, and private customers.
As a Fabricator your broad experience and knowledge of materials, techniques, and tools will be key as you create metal structures or components from raw materials! You’ll cut, join and shape materials to create finished fencing parts and products that solve customers’ security challenges and meet production schedules.
- Monday thru Friday, 7am-4pm
What You’ll Do as a Fabricator:
- Fabricates various gates, posts, brackets and other parts
- Operates various machines such as press brake, plasma, guillotine, lathe, mill, drill press, mig and stick welder, and bandsaw to cut, join, and shape materials
- Reviews sketches and blueprints to understand product and equipment setup
- Installs fencing and gates
- Occasionally travels off-site to perform repairs or address defects after installation
- Performs general structural and mechanical maintenance
What You’ll Need as a Fabricator:
- At least 2 years of previous welding and fabrication experience
- Vocational Training certification in a mechanical or structural trade preferred
- Mechanical knowledge and curiosity to understand how parts fit and work together
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and sketches
- Skilled in mig, stick and tig welding
- Good computer skills including MS Office products (Word, Excel, Office)
- Proactively approaches situations with excellent time management, problem solving, and prioritization skills
- Comes to work prepared, focused and dedicated
- Great communication skills for collaborating with teammates, managers, and customers
About our client:
For over three decades our clients has designed, engineered, and manufactured physical perimeter solutions across the globe for corporations, security services, and defense agencies. They build and deliver solutions that are innovative, custom, and highly secure – no site is too challenging for them!
About Matern Staffing:
For over 55 years, Matern Staffing has built relationships with businesses and job seekers to provide staffing solutions and job opportunities to Virginia, Maryland, and beyond. We believe that when employees and business partners succeed, families and communities thrive.
Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.