Matern Staffing is hiring an Event Coordinator (job id 1868) for a nonprofit organization in Fredericksburg, VA. As the Event Coordinator, you’ll plan and execute events that support the organization, the members, and the community.
When members, the community, and businesspeople are ready to network, educate others, and celebrate, your thorough event preparation and execution will be part of the team that strengthens local businesses and the greater community
- $40,000 – $46,000/yr
- Three weeks of vacation
- 13 days of paid holiday time off
- Additional 3 Paid Days Off: Two/Personal; One/Birthday
- Medical insurance, Life insurance, 401(k)
What You’ll Do:
- Plan monthly, quarterly, and annual event details inclusive of:
- venue research and selection
- securing sponsorships, registrations, and payments
- budget management
- contracts review and negotiation
- beverage and food licensing requirements
- comprehensive on-site logistics (e.g., a/v, room set up, food/drink/speaking timing)
- volunteer requirements
- Attend and work events to ensure all plans are executed correctly
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team about event naming, public and membership outreach strategy, internal scheduling, staffing needs, and communication
- Track and communicate detailed requirements between all vendors, internal staff, and partners
- Collaborate effectively with members, internal staff, and committees about event logistics
- Provide administrative support to the organization’s office with answering phones, taking registrations, and greeting visitors
What You’ll Need:
- Knowledge and experience in event coordination is preferred
- 4-year college degree is preferred
- Strong organizational skills for keeping accurate records
- Positive self-starter with excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Active listener who collaborates effectively with teammates, always ready to step in to help
- Clear and effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn about and be an advocate for local businesses
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office programs
About our Client:
Our client builds relationships and creates competitive advantages for a healthy business environment through leadership, access, innovation, advocacy, and connections. They serve small and large businesses, nonprofits, governments, and educational institutions ensuring the region they service is a major economic center.
Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.