Matern Staffing is hiring a Cybersecurity Intern for a public utility company in Fredericksburg, VA. This is a remote internship with part-time hours (25-29 hours/week).
As a Cybersecurity Intern you’ll research cybersecurity threats and assist in developing and training programs that avoid disruptions. Staying on top of potential cybersecurity solutions can be challenging but gaining business knowledge and real world experience while keeping the company and its members safe makes it all worth it.
Salary & Schedule:
- About 25-29 hours/week: 9am-3pm
What You’ll Do as a Cybersecurity Intern:
- Analyze and respond to cybersecurity threats
- Maintain cybersecurity operational awareness
- Develop, maintain and facilitate employee cybersecurity training
- Research and propose solutions to cybersecurity challenges
- Create reports and documents to communicate technical findings for teammates, managers and public stakeholders to easily understand
What You’ll Need as a Cybersecurity Intern:
- Current undergraduate or graduate student studying information technology, computer science, cybersecurity, or other relevant fields (3.0 GPA and above)
- Previous experience with spreadsheets, word processing documents, and databases
- Exceptional verbal and written skills and the ability to communicate effectively with individuals across all levels of an organization
- Positive self-starter with a proactive approach, excellent time management, and prioritization skills
- Active listener who collaborates effectively with teammates, always ready to step in to help
- Enjoys learning how things work and has a curiosity for brainstorming process improvements and finding/implementing solutions
- Ability to pass background check, credit check and drug screen
About our Client:
Our client is a member-owned utility that provides electric service to nearly 170,000 connections for member-owners from the Blue Ridge Mountains to the tidal waters of the Chesapeake Bay. Their goal every day is to provide affordable and reliable electric service to our neighbors.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.