Matern Staffing is hiring Construction Workers (Job Id #1716) with a leading global steel and metal manufacturer at their King George, VA location. This is a contract-to-hire position with a full benefits package after 30 days upon permanent hire. This is a 10-12 hour shift Monday thru Friday (and every other Saturday) from 2pm until 12am/2:30am.
Steel – it’s all around us in the roads, bridges, and buildings that we use every day. As Construction Workers handling rebar, you’ll create interesting and important steel products that strengthen and hold materials together to be used all over the country. If you’re ready for a hands-on career that keeps America moving, we’re looking for you!
Salary, Bonus & Benefits:
- Retention Bonus: Earn $250 per month bonus up to $3000 max
- Safety Bonus: Earn $80 gift card per month
- Benefits: once hired permanently you’ll receive: medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, flexible spending account, retirement plan and more
What You’ll Do as Construction Workers:
- Load fabricated rebar on trailers and unload stock material from trailers
- Operate and cross-train on rebar fabrication equipment such as shears, benders, cranes, treaders, forging, welders, forklifts
- Read technical documents and service manuals
- Cut, bend, and shape sheet metal to required dimensions
- Operate production machines in accordance with established safety procedures and guidelines
- Maintain your work environment in a clean and orderly condition
What You’ll Need as Construction Workers:
- Previous experience in construction with heavy industrial equipment preferred
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, climb ladders and steps, and work outside under varying weather conditions
- Ability to pass a drug screen and a Physical Ability Test
- Positive self-starter with a proactive approach, excellent time management, and prioritization skills
- Strong attention to detail with great follow-through to ensure safety, accuracy and comprehensiveness
- Steel-toe boots and long pants
About Our Client:
Our client is a Fortune 500 global metals company creating finished products or providing metals used by other manufacturers across agriculture, infrastructure, construction, energy, heavy equipment and manufacturing industries. Their steel products have been supporting structures in more than 20 countries for over 100 years. They’ve built their legacy by assembling a team of innovators and doers to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing our world over the last 100 years.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.