Get ready to build valuable hands-on marketing experience, develop new skills, and enrich your resume with an internship! Matern Staffing is hiring a Communications Intern for a public utility company in Fredericksburg, VA. This is a remote internship with part-time hours (25-29 hours/week).
As a Communications Intern you’ll support our client’s economic development department by formulating a communications plan to advertise the top commercial land sites across 22 Virginia counties. Researching and effectively creating interesting and effective content across multiple platforms can be challenging but gaining business knowledge and real world experience makes it all worth it.
Salary & Schedule:
- 25-29/hrs per week
What You’ll Do as a Communications Intern:
- Develop a communication plan to advertise the top commercial land sites in 22 Virginia counties
- Create marketing content (digital and offline) and assist with building the advertising strategy
- Perform research through quantitative and qualitative means (interviews, focus groups, surveys, questionnaires, observation, document/site reviews, etc)
- Accurately and efficiently manage files and data
- Create reports, documents, and presentations and communicate technical findings for teammates, managers and public stakeholders to easily understand
What You’ll Need as a Communications Intern:
- Current undergraduate or graduate student studying Urban and Regional Planning, Political Science, Business, Economics, Real Estate or Marketing and Communications with good academic standing (3.0 GPA and above)
- Previous experience with spreadsheets, word processing documents, and databases
- Exceptional verbal, written and communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with individuals across all levels of an organization
- Positive self-starter with a proactive approach, excellent time management, and prioritization skills
- Active listener who collaborates effectively with teammates, always ready to step in to help
- Enjoys learning how things work and has a curiosity for brainstorming process improvements and finding/implementing solutions
- Ability to pass background check, credit check and drug screen
About our Client:
Our client is a member-owned utility that provides electric service to nearly 170,000 connections for member-owners from the Blue Ridge Mountains to the tidal waters of the Chesapeake Bay. Their goal every day is to provide affordable and reliable electric service to our neighbors.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.