Matern Staffing is hiring a Communications Intern at a public utility organization in Fredericksburg, VA. This is a year-long internship that runs during the school year. It offers a remote work position with part-time hours (20-29 per week).
As a Communications Intern, you’ll support our client’s advertising and media relations department by making creative digital content for members, businesses, supporters, and the general public. Researching and creating interesting and effective content across multiple platforms can be challenging but gaining business knowledge and real-world experience makes it all worth it.
What You’ll Do as a Communications Intern:
- Create and post digital content (videos, photos, reels) on social media and email campaigns included branded graphics
- Develop feature stories for use in digital marketing
- Analyze the success of marketing campaigns by reviewing metrics across social, website, email
- Run email campaigns to include A/B testing
- Participate regularly in brainstorming sessions for the development of campaigns and take detailed notes of meetings
- Assist in writing media relations content and publishing on the company website
- Manage a digital content repository including branded graphics and social media content
What You’ll Need:
- Undergraduate or graduate student studying English, journalism, graphic design, communications or public relations is preferred (3.0 GPA and above)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Positive self-starter with a proactive approach, excellent time management, and prioritization skills
- Active listener who collaborates effectively with teammates, always ready to step in to help
- Experience using PowerPoint, Excel and MS suite of product
- Analytical and researching skills
- Familiarity with social media platforms, Canva design platform, Adobe Suite is a plus
About our Client:
Our client is a member-owned utility that provides electric service to nearly 170,000 connections for member-owners from the Blue Ridge Mountains to the tidal waters of the Chesapeake Bay. Their goal every day is to provide affordable and reliable electric service to our neighbors.
About Matern Staffing:
For over 55 years Matern Staffing has built relationships with businesses and job seekers to provide staffing solutions and job opportunities to the areas of Virginia, Maryland, and beyond. We believe that when employees and business partners succeed, families and communities thrive.
Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Resume