Matern Staffing is hiring a Purchasing Administrative Assistant (job id 2282) for a plastics manufacturing company in Fredericksburg, VA. As a Purchasing Administrative Assistant, you’ll use your problem-solving skills and knowledge of purchasing to schedule and buy materials needed to produce goods for the plant.
The Purchasing Administrative Assistant plays a critical role in ensuring the quality of products and services in industrial manufacturing companies. They are responsible for expediting materials purchased for manufacturing, stock, and other operations to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality products for the factory.
- Monday: 7/8am to noon
- Tues-Friday: 7/8am to 4/5pm
What You’ll Do as an Administrative Assistant:
- Expedite purchased materials, fabricated parts, critical items, and external services
- Maintain a log of missing parts
- Maintain/update current cost data on all purchased items
- Collaborate with internal departments about price quotes, suggested lead times
- Maintain delivery schedules on all items ordered
- Builds and maintains relationships and strong communication with suppliers, including return processing
- Assists the department in RFQ and RFI processing
What You’ll Need as an Administrative Assistant:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience which has provided practical knowledge in Purchasing
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience with SAP system preferred
- Ability to develop technical knowledge of materials purchasing and manufacturing processes to find process improvements and implement solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills for interacting with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present information in groups or one-on-one settings
- Proactively approaches situations with excellent organization, time management and prioritization skills
About Our Client:
Our client is a global leader in supplying supplementary equipment, engineered solutions and services to the plastics industry.
About Matern Staffing:
For over 55 years Matern Staffing has built relationships with businesses and job seekers to provide staffing solutions and job opportunities to the areas of Virginia, Maryland, and beyond. We believe that when employees and business partners succeed, families and communities thrive.
Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.