Matern Staffing is hiring an Accounting Clerk (job id #1967) for a global food manufacturing plant in Stafford, VA. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity with full benefits.
Revenues, expenses, and clerical duties – oh my! As the Accounting Clerk you’ll be the person supporting the accounting department through general ledger entry, processing accounts payable/receivable, preparing invoices, and completing administrative tasks to keep the office running smoothly.
Supporting an accounting department can be busy and demanding, but your organization and accuracy will put customers, vendors, and teammates at ease!
What You’ll Do as an Accounting Clerk:
- Enters general ledger transactions into accounting database
- Reconciles accounts timely and accurately
- Processes accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions
- Tracks company credit card transactions, verifies expense reports matching receipts and research discrepancies to reconcile payments and reimbursement
- Maintains vendor database
- Completes bank deposits
- Completes basic clerical tasks of filing, copying, and typing
- Answers phones and greets visitors
- Organizes and schedules meetings and travel arrangements
What You’ll Need as an Accounting Clerk:
- High school diploma
- Prior experience in accounts receivable/payable
- Proficiency in MS Office, Databases and accounting software.
- Strong attention to detail with great follow-through and problem solving to ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills when working across departments or with customers and vendors
- Friendly and positive attitude with excellent time management and prioritization skills
About our Client:
For over 55 years, our client has been devoted to bringing happiness to the table by providing safe, comforting gourmet dishes. Through product development, production innovation, logistics perfection, high safety and quality standards, and customer satisfaction they produce ready-to-eat meals for convenience stores, including bento meal boxes, onigiri rice balls, and side dishes.
About Matern Staffing:
- For over 55 years Matern Staffing has built relationships with businesses and job seekers to provide staffing solutions and job opportunities to the areas of Virginia, Maryland, and beyond. We believe that when employees and business partners succeed, families and communities thrive.
- Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
- Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.