Matern Staffing is hiring a Warehouse Associate (job id #1976) at a national building materials supplier in their Manassas, VA location. Drive machines, transport materials, and support the country’s economic growth! As an experienced Warehouse Associate you’ll use your background to efficiently pull orders and move the materials to ensure they’re reading for shipping.
This is a first shift position with hours 7am-5pm.
Shift Schedule: 7am-5pm
What You’ll Do:
- Work in the lumberyard during various weather conditions
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trucks or customer vehicles and installs strapping, bracing or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit
- Drives various lifting devices (e.g. forklift) to move products, equipment of materials around the warehouse, shop or yard
- Performs load-building, determining the appropriate weight, composition, and placement of load based on customer order and capacity of delivery vehicle to ensure load is balanced and safe for hauling
- Conveys materials to or from storage to designated area using hand truck, electric dolly, forklift or other devices
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales or other containers so as to provide correct identification of items.
What You’ll Need:
- high school diploma or GED
- Forklift certification required
- Strong attention to detail with great follow-through to ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness
- Good knowledge of industrial equipment
- Proactively approaches situations with excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals across all levels of an organization
About our Client:
Our client is the nation’s largest supplier of structural building products, value-added components, and services to the professional market for new residential construction and repair and remodeling. Their focus is on providing unparalleled service to both large and small customers.
About Matern Staffing:
For over 55 years Matern Staffing has built relationships with businesses and job seekers to provide staffing solutions and job opportunities to the areas of Virginia, Maryland, and beyond. We believe that when employees and business partners succeed, families and communities thrive.
Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.