Matern Staffing is hiring Senior Industrial Tech Support (job id #1802) for a manufacturer in Fredericksburg, Va. You will support Field Service Technicians and customers through the troubleshoot, test, repair and maintenance of equipment and compounds.
Sure, some days will be challenging, but knowing you’re someone the technicians and customers trust to help them through their questions and concerns makes all the difference. The Senior Technical Support will combine their expert knowledge, strong problem-solving skills and friendly personality to assist end users with equipment, repairs, parts, and best practices.
- $45,000-$80,000 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
What You’ll Do:
- Provides technical telephone support for customers and Field Service Technicians
- Timely researches and coordinates solutions between customers and Field Service Technicians
- Maintains department’s instrument listing and calibrations for inside and field service
- Assists Engineering with occasional lab testing of equipment and compounds sent in by customers
- Reads and interprets mechanical and electrical drawings, software code, systems installation, and flow diagrams to support customer base
- Manages service orders with accurate reporting and expense documentation to internal teams
- Occasionally travels to customer facilities to understand equipment applications/operations, propose repair solutions, and deliver parts and/or components as needed
- Provides after-hours support as assigned through on-call rotation
What You’ll Need:
- Associate degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technology (previous experience with industrial equipment may be equivalent)
- Strong experience interpreting mechanical/electrical drawings and software code
- Exceptional verbal and written skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with individuals across all levels of an organization and customers
- Familiar with microprocessor controls and programs
- Friendly & positive personality for interacting over the phone and in person with team members and external customers
- Positive self-starter with a proactive approach, excellent time management, and prioritization skill
- Calmly and efficiently adapts, sees the potential for opportunity when challenges present themselves
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, CRM and AutoCAD
About our client:
For over 65 years, our client has been a global leader in the design and manufacture of automation systems and engineering solutions for the plastics industry.
Cabinetworks Group is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.