Matern Staffing is hiring a Sales Support Engineer for a software development company. As a Sales Support Engineer, you will provide mid- to large-size municipalities with customized software solutions that improve their citizens’ experience.
Along the way you will conduct discovery calls with Sales Representatives, demonstrate the features of the company’s products, understand clients’ requirements, and propose and implement solutions. To ensure success as a Sales Support Engineer, you should have in-depth knowledge of software and hardware systems, a passion for building client relationships, and high-level communications skills.
Candidates must be based in Virginia. This is a hybrid remote position in Stafford, Virginia with travel to client offices in surrounding areas.
Salary & Schedule:
- Remote and in-person
What You’ll Do as Sales Support Engineer:
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to conduct client/prospective discovery calls
- Strategize with the sales team and other departments to create customized solutions including design specifications, solution proposals, practical demos, and on-boarding schedules
- Support and contribute to the RFP, RFI, RFQ, process.
- Communicate with clients to understand their needs and propose solutions
- Design, implement, and maintain customized software solutions for customers
- Work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation
- Provide post-onboarding follow-ups to ensure customer success
- Determine and identify high-level functional and technical requirements for product development based on interactions with the user community and knowledge of enterprise architecture
What You’ll Need as Sales Support Engineer:
- Proven experience as a Sales Support Engineer in previous roles
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering is an asset
- Understanding of coding concepts and best practices, B2G SaaS, and Scrum/Agile development methodologies is an asset
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills, with a track record of meeting deadlines
- Strong attention to detail with great follow-through to ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness
- Active listening and proactive thinking skills to anticipate roadblocks, resolve issues, and implement solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for collaborating effectively with teammates, customers, and other departments
About our client:
Our client is a software company developing digital platforms designed to revolutionize the way communities manage both their internal tasks and their interactions with citizens. Their platform is the next step in the digital transformation for governments, giving community members access to all relevant information from one, centralized, virtual location.
Matern Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.