Matern Staffing is hiring a Purchasing Manager (job id #1951) at a food manufacturing facility in Stafford, Virginia.
A Purchasing Manager plays a critical role in ensuring the quality of products and services in industrial manufacturing companies. They are responsible for selecting suppliers, negotiating contracts, and managing the supply chain to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality goods for the factory.
As a Purchasing Manager you’ll use your problem-solving skills and knowledge of purchasing to plan and oversee the daily materials needed to produce goods for the plant. You will also provide strategic recommendations to improve processes and follow best practices. Sure, some days might be hectic, but you’ll enjoy working ensuring the supply chain is of quality material.
- Paid Vacation (5 days after six months of employment, 10 days from 1-4 years of employment, 15 days after 5 years of employment)
- Sick Leave and Holiday Pay
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance
- Health savings account
- 401(k) with 10% employer matching (after one year of employment)
What You’ll Do as a Purchasing Manager:
- Check the cost, specs, and appearance of existing ingredient, packaging, plant supply, and special-order materials and make purchases that are low on inventory
- Put-away and shipping of ingredient, package and WIP items, and fill out the “Product Receiving Log”
- Oversee staff inclusive of hiring, training, educating, scheduling, and conducting performance evaluations
- Accurately maintain material and inventory data and conduct weekly and end of month physical inventory
- Analyze processes and propose lean management solutions to reduce discrepancies and increase efficiencies
- Manage material control systems inclusive of vendor/material data, WIP costs, shipping/receiving, and forecast/actual ordering data
- Analyze risks related to material procurement, distress materials and WIP
What You’ll Need as a Purchasing Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, Business Administration, or related field required; M.B.A. preferred.
- At least Five years of related experience and 3 years of supervisory experience
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills
- Understanding of Lean Management processes
- Knowledge of procurement software and tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of inventory and supply chain management
- Ability to interpret financial data as needed to meet production goals
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
About our Client:
For over 55 years, our client has been devoted to bringing happiness to the table by providing safe, comforting gourmet dishes. Through product development, production innovation, logistics perfection, high safety and quality standards, and customer satisfaction they produce ready-to-eat meals for convenience stores, including bento meal boxes, onigiri rice balls, and side dishes.
About Matern Staffing:
For over 55 years Matern Staffing has built relationships with businesses and job seekers to provide staffing solutions and job opportunities to the areas of Virginia, Maryland, and beyond. We believe that when employees and business partners succeed, families and communities thrive.
Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) certified employer
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.