Matern Staffing is hiring a Part-Time Administrative Assistant (job id 1968) for a nonprofit organization in Fredericksburg, VA.
As an Administrative Assistant for a foundation, you’ll use your strong organization and communication skills and basic accounting knowledge to efficiently process clerical requests and support the accounting functions. You will be the behind-the-scenes person organizing and preparing all the documentation to support the organization’s mission.
- 8-12 hours/week, Monday-Friday
What You’ll Do:
- Scans and files documents
- Creates and proofreads documents, correspondence, board meeting agendas, and board meeting minutes
- Processes document shredding requests
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail
- Coordinates check out and return of corporate credit card
- Contact individuals when documentation/approvals are missing
- Creates bank deposits
- Assist with additional tasks such as taking board meeting minutes, maintaining vendor database, w-9 maintenance, inputting journal entries/accounts payable, preliminary account coding of deposit feeds
What You’ll Need:
- Associate’s degree or professional certification in administration or bookkeeping
- Professional attitude and tone in writing, speaking and appearance
- Strong attention to detail with great follow-through to ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness
- Strong communication skills including proofreading for grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Comfort in using MS Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint, as well as the corresponding Google Workspace applications (Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Basic accounting knowledge
About Our Client:
Since 1975 our client has accepted, managed, and administered private resources supporting the mission and priorities of the university and the students for which it supports.
About Matern Staffing:
- For over 55 years Matern Staffing has built relationships with businesses and job seekers to provide staffing solutions and job opportunities to the areas of Virginia, Maryland, and beyond. We believe that when employees and business partners succeed, families and communities thrive.
- Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
- Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.