Matern Staffing is hiring a Mechanical Process Engineer (job id #1827) for a circuit board manufacturer in Fredericksburg, VA. As a Mechanical Process Engineer, you’ll play a key role in the product development, design, and manufacturing of printed circuit boards.
You’ll use your engineering expertise and problem-solving skills to collaborate with manufacturing teams about product manufacturing processes to optimize for cost, time, quantity, and quality to meet customer needs and company targets. This position is primarily in the drill, rout, and multilayer lamination departments.
- $65,000 per year
What You’ll Do:
- Optimize processes for cost, time, quantity, and quality of product produced
- Collaborate with manufacturing teams about the process capabilities necessary to achieve the levels of technology specified by the technology roadmap and document these capabilities for the annual planning process
- Provide technical process training, Statistical Process Control (SPC) training, preventive maintenance training, trouble shooting, root cause problem identification, failure analysis, Design of Experiments (DOE) and closed loop corrective action procedures
- Define and accurately plan capital requirements and expenses, per project or process, to meet the technology roadmap milestones
- Collaborate with vendors for process improvements and cost reductions that meet technical and quality standards
- Define, document, and maintain updated Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Design for Manufacturing (DFM) manual
- Assist in the development of the annual equipment, capital, yield improvement and expense plans
- Create technical resources for internal teams to support customer corrective actions, problems and inquiries
- Support NPI and the failure analysis processes to supply alternatives and technical solutions for customer specification and design problems, new or exotic processing problems or process capability problems
- Ensure processes follow applicable standards and registration systems and facility meets safety audit requirements
What You’ll Need:
- Technical college education or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in printed circuit manufacturing or related industry experience
- Previous printed circuit manufacturing experience (preferred)
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing processes with a focus on CNC drillers, routers and multilayer lamination
- Understanding of statistical measurements, including SPC, CPK, DOE, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and blueprints
- Exceptional verbal and written skills for communicating effectively with teammates, internal teams, customers, and vendors
- Active listener who collaborates effectively with teammates, always ready to step in to help
- Enjoys learning how things work and has a curiosity for brainstorming process improvements and finding/implementing solutions
About our client:
Our client is a global corporation offering design, development, prototypes and manufacturing solutions for aerospace and defense electronic products and subsystems. Our client manufactures high-technology, high-reliability printed circuit boards standard rigid products, High-density interconnect (HDI), RF circuitry, Thermal management, Rigid flex and assembly.
Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.