As a Production Supervisor you oversee the operations and activities of the shift to keep the plant on schedule. You’ll use your critical thinking skills to suggest process improvements and leadership to coach employees to meet plant goals and make the customers happy.
Matern Staffing is recruiting a Production Supervisor (job id #1650) at a cabinetry manufacturer in Culpeper, Va. The Production Supervisor assists with job assignments, monitoring and adjusting workflow through the plant, assuring efficient and quality cutting and machining of products. This is a direct hire opening for first shift with benefits as listed below.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate the production activities of the assigned area, to ensure that the required products are manufactured in time to meet customer demands
- Brainstorm and implement continuous improvement initiatives to reduce material and labor costs, increase efficiencies, and improve safety and quality of finished goods
- Monitor the performance of employees and proactively coordinate staffing needs, promotions, performance plans, and behavior coaching
- Develop employees through cross-training initiatives to ensure depth and leverage of skills-base throughout the organization
- Collaborate with peers to organize the workflow to gain optimum productivity, meeting customer delivery
What You’ll Need:
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop people professionally
- Enjoys learning how things work and has a curiosity for brainstorming process improvements and finding/implementing solutions
- Strong attention to detail with great follow-through to ensure safety, accuracy and comprehensiveness
- Proactively approaches situations with excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Superior computer skills to ensure accurate and efficient record keeping
Salary: Salary: $55,000/year
- 401(k) and company match – no waiting period!
- Health, dental, vision insurance available first of the month after hire
- Vacation Pay
- 10 paid holidays
- Company paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Product discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
About our client:
Our client is America’s 2nd largest cabinetry manufacturer, with offices and manufacturing facilities across the country. Offering an unmatched selection of stylish, high-quality products at a variety of price levels, their brands are favored by builders, dealers, distributors and home centers throughout North America.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.