Matern Staffing is hiring a Maintenance Supervisor (job id #1959) at a food manufacturing facility in Stafford, Virginia.
As a Maintenance Supervisor you’ll use your leadership and knowledge of mechanical workings to supervise teams through proactive maintenance schedules to ensure safe and reliable plant equipment operation. You’ll ensure compliance with safety and codes and follow best practices to reduce incidents and positively impact production goals. Sure, some days might be hectic, but you’ll enjoy working with your hands to prevent and solve equipment problems.
This is a direct hire position with salary and benefits listed below. This is a physically demanding position requiring working in hot to cold environments and standing for long periods of time (sometimes from elevated areas). There will be an on-call rotation with other department team members.
- Paid Vacation (5 days after six months of employment, 10 days from 1-4 years of employment, 15 days after 5 years of employment)
- Sick Leave and Holiday Pay
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance
- Health savings account
- 401(k) with 10% employer matching (after one year of employment)
What You’ll Do:
- Supervise and lead maintenance technicians, leads, and helpers on the safe and efficient operation of plant equipment
- Execute inspections, repairs, modifications, and preventative maintenance of food processing and packaging equipment
- Conduct daily walks and collaborate with USDA, Quality and Safety representatives
- Prepare reports and measure effectiveness of preventative, corrective, and predictive maintenance programs/processes
- Respond to emergency calls across all areas of the facility
- Adhere to OSHA regulations, food safety policies, and work practices, environmental compliance, and LOTO in all work assignments
- Learn important building system functionality (e.g. electrical, fire) and OSHA, NFPA, NEC, and NETA (International Electrical Testing Association)
- Provide direction with Mechanical, Electrical, Pneumatic, Hydraulics, Plumbing, or controls
- Supervise staff inclusive of equipment and building training, continuing education, and safety compliance
- Develop and/or work from plans and schedules, drawings, and other written specifications, or verbal instructions
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years’ experience in a food or beverage manufacturing environment
- Vocational diploma or Associate’s degree
- Working knowledge or experience with Freon & Glycol refrigeration
- Mechanical aptitude of equipment, products, and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for relaying important machine and process information and collaborating with vendors, staff, and management
- General knowledge of HAACP, workplace safety, SQF programs
- Strong organization and attention to detail with great follow-through to ensure accuracy and execution
- Proficiently skilled in spreadsheets, databases, and word processing
- Collaborate effectively with teammates and stakeholders to anticipate roadblocks, resolve issues, and implement solutions
- Familiar with electrical and automation controls
About our client:
For over 55 years, our client has been devoted to bringing happiness to the table by providing safe, comforting gourmet dishes. Through product development, production innovation, logistics perfection, high safety and quality standards, and customer satisfaction they produce ready-to-eat meals for convenience stores, including bento meal boxes, onigiri rice balls, and side dishes.
About Matern Staffing:
For over 55 years Matern Staffing has built relationships with businesses and job seekers to provide staffing solutions and job opportunities to the areas of Virginia, Maryland, and beyond. We believe that when employees and business partners succeed, families and communities thrive.
Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.