As a Machine Operator you’ll build doors that provide security, privacy, and aesthetic appeal for customers’ homes and offices. The Machine Operator runs the important machines that build the custom doors for the customers.
Matern Staffing is hiring a Machine Operator (job id #1604) at a leading building materials manufacturer in Culpeper, Va. The Machine Operator is responsible for the set up and operation of machines to ensure the finished doors meet specs.
What You’ll Do:
- Train on the different machines such as router, cutter, jamb machine, planer, press
- Set up and prep the router to cut the door design
- Set up and prep the machine to cut the door knob and machine the hinge locations
- Verify order information, and produce finished door with the correct material, size, and customizations according to customer’s order
- Monitor equipment and report malfunctions to supervisor
- Maintain proper work logs and complete required reports as necessary
What You’ll Need:
- Manufacturing or light industrial work experience preferred
- Strong measuring and mathematical skills to help with quick and accurate measurements and calculations
- Strong attention to detail with great follow-through to ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness
- Positive self-starter with a proactive approach, excellent time management, and prioritization skills
- Enjoys learning how things work and has a curiosity for brainstorming process improvements and finding/implementing solutions
- Ability to lift heavy items
About our client:
Our client is the nation’s largest supplier of structural building products, value-added components, and services to the professional market for new residential construction and repair and remodeling. Their focus is on providing unparalleled service to both large and small customers.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.