Matern Staffing is recruiting a HSE Manager for a global manufacturing company in Fredericksburg, VA.
The HSE Manager will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce risk, incorporate environmental considerations, and improve productivity in processes while ensuring regulation compliance. Through excellent safety program knowledge, effective communication, building trust, and comprehensive training, The QHSE Manager will ensure a safe and healthy work environment for all team members.
This is a direct hire position, reporting directly to the Director of Manufacturing.
What You’ll Do as HSE Manager:
- Champion ISO accreditation in Safety (ISO 45001), Quality (ISO 9001), Environment (ISO 14001), Energy Management (ISO 50001)
- Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations and company policies
- Provide guidance and oversight to all leadership and team members to ensure compliance with all applicable Safety Policies
- Measure sites’ performance against published requirements in safety and quality and environmental policies
- Identify and assist in the execution of plans targeted to correct all QHSE related deficiencies
- Analyze safety metrics and review weekly and monthly incident trends to rationalize the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest. Coordinate the monthly safety committee
- Review and analyze injury, illness and near-miss accident investigations to determine root cause analysis
- Advocate the delivery of climate action, sustainability, and energy initiatives to promote site carbon neutrality, cost reduction, occupant health and wellness, and site sustainability excellence
What You’ll Need as a HSE Manager:
- BS/BA in Safety, Environmental, Ergonomics or a related field required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience, with increasing responsibilities in quality, safety, and environmental programs in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated success in implementing lean principles and kaizen methodology in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills, with a track record of proactive problem resolution
- Exceptional verbal and written skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with individuals across all levels of an organization and customers
- Calmly and efficiently adapts to changing priorities and sees the potential for opportunity when challenges present themselves
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
About our client:
Our client is a global leader in the roofing industry, manufacturing innovative, lightweight solutions for use in homes, commercial buildings, and agriculture. They operate in more than 100 countries and employ about 1,450 people around the world. Whatever your project, whatever your need, you can rely on their 75 years of industrial experience, strong R&D basis and know-how to deliver the right solution!
Matern Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.