Matern Staffing is hiring a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) job id #1916 for a home health care agency in Fredericksburg, Va.
As the Certified Nursing Assistant you’ll follow the patient’s plan of care in the home, under the direction, instruction, and supervision of the staff nurse and the Director of Nursing. You’ll help with monitoring vitals, bathing, moving, and positioning a patient, assisting in basic daily care, and recording food and water intake/output. Overall, the Certified Nursing Assistant helps build trusting relationships with the patient and their family through their friendly, knowledgable, and quality care.
- $48,000-$56,000 per year
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Cell Phone Allowance
- Mileage reimbursement
What You’ll Do:
- Follows the plan of care including client ambulation, independence, mental alertness to provide, safe, competent care to the client
- Helps the client to maintain good personal hygiene and assists in maintaining a healthful, safe environment
- Documents services and reports any change in the client’s mental or physical condition, or in the home situation
- Takes and records vital signs
- Plans and prepares nutritious meals and light housekeeping duties as needed
- Attends in-service as needed
What You’ll Need:
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English and shall meet one of the following 6 qualifications:
- Satisfactorily completed a nursing education program preparing for a registered nurse licensure or practical nurse licensure
- Satisfactorily completed a nurse aide education program, approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing
- Have certification as a nurse aide, by the Virginia Board of Nursing
- Has been successfully enrolled in a nursing education program preparing for registered nurse or practical nurse licensure and has currently completed, at least, one nursing course that includes clinical experience involving direct client contact; or
- Has satisfactorily passed a competency evaluation program that meets the criteria of 42 CFR 484.36 (b). Home attendants of personal care services need only be evaluated on the tasks in 42 CFR 484.36 (b) as those tasks related to the personal care services to be provided
- Has satisfactorily completed training using the “Personal Care Aide Training Curriculum,” 2003 edition, of the Department of Medical Assistance Services. However, this training is permissible for home attendants of personal care services only.
- Current CPR certification with current or in date TB test with results
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Must understand and respect client’s including ethics and confidentiality of care.
About our client:
This local Fredericksburg office services adult and geriatric clients throughout the area.
Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.