Matern Staffing is hiring a CAD/CAM Engineer (job id #1823) for a circuit board manufacturer in Fredericksburg, VA. The CAD/CAM Engineer will create detailed drawings to support the manufacturing of Printed Wiring Boards (PCBs).
As a CAD/CAM Engineer you’ll collaborate with engineers to turn design concepts into usable drawings for Production Teams to implement. Along the way you’ll use your CAD/CAM experience, problem solving skills, and communication skills to ensure the finished drawings meet quality standards, security requirements, deadlines and budgets. Knowing your design supports the build of important finished products makes all the design challenges worth it!
What You’ll Do:
- Support the Flexible/Rigid Flex Electronics/Heater’s Product Division through customer design review, DFM, manufacturing traveler creation, construction stack ups, material verification, and technical support
- CAD/CAM tool creation
- Create scripts to aid in CAM automation
- Create written production methods for building products in production
- Work on product design and development for existing and new products, which includes choosing the right material, stack, design, and manufacturing process.
What You’ll Need:
- BS in Engineering or related field and prior experience in: Flexible Circuit Design, Flexible Circuit Manufacturing, PCBA Design/Manufacturing, Laminate or Thin film engineering or manufacturing
- Understanding of electronics, semiconductor, or flex circuits production and assembly
- Experience with technical functions pertaining to electronics, semiconductor, or flex circuits production and assembly
- Manufacturing processes, techniques, and electronics assembly requirements
- Ability to read and interpret blueprint drawings
- Superior computer skills
- Strong problem solving and analyzing skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills for collaborating with teammates
About our client:
Our client is a global corporation offering design, development, prototypes and manufacturing solutions for aerospace and defense electronic products and subsystems. Our client manufactures high-technology, high-reliability printed circuit boards standard rigid products, High-density interconnect (HDI), RF circuitry, Thermal management, Rigid flex and assembly.
Matern Staffing provides equal employment opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit maternstaffing.securedportals.com.