Matern Staffing is hiring an Accountant (job id 2231) to support the busy operations of a transportation safety membership organization in Fredericksburg, VA. This is a direct hire position with a hybrid work schedule.
As an Accountant, you’ll process general ledger entries, accounts payable and receivable functions, reconciliation of investments and general accounting administration to ensure accurate financial records. When there are accounting discrepancies, you’ll use your strong analytical skills, knowledge of accounting principles, and excellent communication skills to rectify any errors.
You’ll be a trusted partner among internal departments as you communicate budget activities and promote best practices that support an organization focused on advancing roadway safety.
- $60,000-$75,000 per year
What You’ll Do:
- Manage accounts receivable by processing aged receivable reports, monthly statements, and conducting collections efforts.
- Handle credit card and check batches, maintain the check register, and reconcile A/R register
- Perform daily cash receipt batch reconciliation, prepare and deliver bank deposits, and manage the lockbox for efficient financial operations
- Manage accounts payable function, reviewing purchase requests, coding with vendors, and verifying general ledger accounting codes.
- Process payments, including refunds, and pay corporate credit cards in a timely manner
- Determine taxability of purchased items, prepare sales and use tax reports, and maintain documentation for prepaid expenses
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Prepare and mail 1099 forms, and collect and maintain W-9s
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and prior accounting experience
- Superior proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in accounting and business management software such as Databasics and Sage
- Strong attention to detail with great follow-through to ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness
- Positive self-starter with a proactive approach, excellent time management, and prioritization skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to improve operational processes
- Knowledge of and experience with applying GAAP requirements
- Positive attitude for collaborating with teammates, other departments, and customers
About our client:
For over 50 years our client has advanced roadway safety through the design, manufacture and installation of roadway safety and traffic control devices. They are a member partnership comprised of approximately 1,500 companies representing over 11,000 industry professionals in the sign manufacturing, pavement marking, guardrail and barrier, traffic services and traffic signals technical divisions.
About Matern Staffing:
For over 55 years Matern Staffing has built relationships with businesses and job seekers to provide staffing solutions and job opportunities to the areas of Virginia, Maryland, and beyond. We believe that when employees and business partners succeed, families and communities thrive.
Matern Staffing is a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certified Organization.
Matern Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.